An affirmation is a positive statement that you “declare to be true.”
It is important it is to keep your mind filled with positive, healthy thoughts and declare them on a regular basis. The more you focus on negative circumstances, the more negative you feel. Proverbs 23:7 tells us, “For as he thinks in his heart, so is he…”
Dr. Caroline Leaf is a cognitive neuroscientist who has studied the mind-body relationship for decades. In her book, Switch on Your Brain: The Key to Peak Happiness, Thinking, and Health, she demonstrates how important is to be careful what you think about. What you choose to dwell on in your mind influences your body. You must be proactive to keep your heart and mind positive, for your own health and for the benefit of others.
Here are 10 positive affirmations that will help you build better relationships at work:
- I am willing to look at situations in new and different ways. I am open to others and their ideas, knowing that others may have parts of the puzzle that are missing for me.
- I urge others on, unwilling to settle for less than their highest calling. The growth and development of others is my highest calling.
- I recognize and praise others, both in public and in private. I acknowledge others’ contributions openly and give them the credit that is due.
- I forgive and release others, knowing that I have also been forgiven.
- I judge no one, knowing that nothing good is accomplished by it. I understand that in the same way I judge others, I will be judged, and with the measure I use, it will be measured to me.
- I bring a positive attitude to each day, knowing that my attitude will be multiplied in others.
- I serve others. If serving is below me, leadership is beyond me.
- I believe in others and believe in their goodness. I believe people will rise to the challenge when called upon to do so. I look for the best in people and enjoy watching them prove me right.
- Without a purpose bigger than myself, I am serving only myself.
- I am here to be a blessing and to enrich the world. The success of my life will be determined by my impact on others.